Motul DOT5.1 Brake Fluid - 0.5 Liter
Long life 100% Synthetic Fluid
Super Dot 5.1: Non Silicone - 100% synthetic fluid, polyglycol bases.
Size: .5 liter (1.06 pints)
Boiling Point: 272C / 522F
Wet Boiling Point: 185C / 365F
Viscosity at -40C: (-40F) 820mm²/s
Viscosity at 100C: (212F) 2.1mm²/s
For all types of hydraulic actuated brake and clutch systems in accordance with DOT 5.1, DOT 4
and DOT 3 manufacturers` recommendations.
Long life fluid: The high wet boiling point (185C / 365F), superior to DOT 4 (155C / 311F mini) and DOT 3 (140C /284F mini) conventional fluids enables to use this product longer. Indeed, DOT 3 / DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 brake fluids have the property to absorb humidity contained in the air, which reduces their boiling points and consequently security. The wet boiling point is representative of the fluid after one year of use.
Specially designed for anti-locking brake systems (ABS): The viscosity (820 centipoises at -40C / -40F) lower than DOT 4 (up to 1800cp) and DOT 3 (up to 1500cp) brake fluids allows an easier fluid circulation in micro-valves of anti-locking systems. Perfectly neutral with seals used in braking systems.
Features and Benefits:
- Mixable with DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 NON SILICONE BASE products.
- Do not mix with silicone (DOT 5 silicone base) or mineral base fluids (LHM).
- Store brake fluid in its original container, tightly closed to avoid absorption of moisture.
- Aggressive chemical product if contact with hands, paint or varnish.
- If skin contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Drain Interval: 12 to 24 month as per manufacturers` recommendations.
Motul products are all API and SAE approved with the latest certifications. Using the correct application of Motul product will not void the vehicle's factory warranty.
Motul has risen above existing standards by developing products based on unconventional technologies like the Double Esters of the 300V range for cars and motorcycles or else the amine-free and boric acid-free technologies used in the aeronautics industry for machining titaniums.